SCHOLARSHIPS EXPLAINED

 

A sports scholarship is awarded to an individual by a college or university on the basis that they attend that institute.

 

There are two types of scholarship on offer. A full scholarship is where all aspects of the students’ fees (100%) are covered by the institute – including tuition, living costs, food and books. A partial scholarship is an award that covers anything from 5-99% of the fees.

 

Your total scholarship award will be determined by:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     2. Athletic Scholarship

  • Range from 5-100% of total fees funded by institution

  • Awarded based upon the individual's athletic ability

  • The greater athletic ability the greater the scholarship award

     1. Academic Scholarship

  • Up to 40% of total fees funded by institution

  • Awarded based upon the individual's academic ability

  • Sliding scale added between GPA and Test scores

  • The greater academic ability the greater the scholarship award

Stacked scholarships:

 

Please note that scholarships can be stacked, meaning a partial academic and partial athletic scholarship can be combined to give student athletes a larger overall scholarship award.

 

For example;

Academic scholarship = 15% + athletic scholarship = 60%, total scholarship = 75% deducted from total fees. (See scholarship breakdown)

 

 

Quick reference to college entry requirements: (what we look for)

 

  • Aged 18-24

  • 5+ A-C grade in GCSE’s or equivalent (dependent on country of origin) Full details in “types of colleges”

  • SAT score of 850+ / ACT score of 18+  Full details in “types of colleges”

  • High standard of athletic ability

  • Minimum 2.0 (GPA) grade point average (C grade average)

Get In Touch
Follow Us
Tel: 01483 905 153 / 07970 396325
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
Skype: info.statesidetoday
Quick Links